WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. It is a wireless network security standard. You will not be able to make connections between routers and the wireless devices like HP printers. WPS is used to connect a printer to a network that is encrypted by the help of a password or PIN. The router as well as the printer need to have the WPS button to establish connection using this method.
Different Kinds of Pin on HP Printer
- WPS Button
- WPS Pin
Where to Find WPS Pin HP Printer?
You will need WPS pin for connecting your HP printer to any other WPS enable device like your network router. While you make the connection, a prompt message window pops up on your computer screen that will ask you to enter the WPS pin and you have to find it at this given time. If you are unable to find the WPS pin for HP printer, then you are two options to do so. You can either find it printed on the router or at the bottom of the router. You can also look for WPS pin on HP printer sides.
Connecting HP Printer with WPS Button
- Go to the control panel of your HP printer.
- Hit either the wireless or the settings button until a blue light starts blinking.
- Now, click on WPS and start following the on-screen instructions.
- Choose the WPS button.
- A pop-up window will appear that will ask you to press the WPS button given on your router.
- Press the router’s WPS button.
- Once done, hit the continue button.
- Now, you printer is connected and is all set to be used.
Connecting HP Printer with WPS Pin
- Open your HP printer’s control panel.
- Press the wireless button.
- Now click on the settings option.
- Click on the Wi-Fi protection setup.
- Continue proceeding with the pop-up messages on your screen.
- Now, select WPS Pin.
- Click on configuration utility or wireless router.
- Now, enter the WPS pin.
- Wait, until the setup process gets completed.
- Once done, go to all programs and open the HP printer folder.
Hit on the printer setup and choose connect a new printer option
Also Read :