Whenever the printing process gets blocked by the printer due to some system issues, the printer will start displaying the message that the HP printer is in error state. This is a very common problem with all HP printers.
If are also an owner of HP printer, you might have surely experienced this. And if you are looking for solutions to fic hp printer in error state issue, then you have come to the right webpage. In this article, we are going to discuss the best possible and easily doable methods to fix the HP Deskjet error state problem.
It can be of various reasons and can be eliminated using multiple methods depending upon the cause of the issue. One very common yet effective method to fix the issue is by changing the port settings. The major reasons for a printer is in error state issue include problems with system permission settings, different system conflicts, corrupted drivers or others.
Steps to Eliminate HP Printer in Error State Windows 10
Change the Port Settings
- Press the windows key along with the R key from your keyboard.
- The run prompt will open.
- In the space provided, enter devmgmt.msc command and press enter.
- This will open the Device Manager.
- Click on the view option from the top menu.
- Choose the show hidden devices option.
- Go to ports (COM & LPT) and then right click on it.
- From the new dropdown, choose properties option.
- Now, open the port settings from the properties window.
- Choose the option called use any interrupt assigned to the port.
- Look for the checkbox next to the enable legacy plug and play detection and click on it.
- Once done, hit the ok button.
- Now, you have to reboot your computer system to fix the issue.
Checking the Printer is Online
- Go to the control panel of your computer system.
- Select the devices and printers tab.
- Now, go to the printer tab.
- If your printer is showing offline status, then you can turn it online by right clicking on it and choosing the option called use printer online.
- Once the printer goes online, you will start seeing the ready message in place of offline.
Reinstalling Printer Device
- Open control panel on your computer system.
- Go to the view by large icon option by right clicking anywhere on the screen.
- Now, choose devices and printers.
- Search for your printer and right click on it.
- Now, opt for remove device option.
- Confirm the device removal message.
- Now, restart your computer system.
- After the reboot is completed, the system will automatically going to detect and install the HP printer again.
- In case, if not, you can do it manually by unplugging and then plugging it back.
Setting Print Spooler Service
- Hit the windows key from your keyboard along with the R key.
- This will open the run window.
- Enter services.msc command in the space provided in the run box and hit enter.
- In the new window, search for the print spooler service in the right pane.
- Don’t forget to make sure that it is set to start.
- Right click on the print spooler, once found and go to its properties.
- Now, go to the general tab and set the startup type to automatic from the dropdown menu present there.
- In the next step, click on apply button followed by the ok button.
- Now, you can close the services window.
- The last step is to restart your computer system to save all the changes.
- Hit the start button from your screen and open settings.
- Now click on the update and security tab.
- Go to the windows update option.
- Click on the check for updates button.
- If there is any update available, then let your system get updated completely and then restart your computer system.
- Once the rebooting of the PC is done, the problem must have been fixed.
Also Read :